Wednesday, 21 January 2009

And he is in charge?

I was alarmed today to read an article about David Milliband. In it he is quoted as saying that war on terror was a big mistake.

The foreign secretary argues that the use of the 'war on terror' as a western rallying cry since the September 11 attacks has been a mistake that may have caused "more harm than good".

When a senior british politician starts spouting off like its time to get the boys out before any more are killed!

He also says "Terrorism is a deadly tactic, not an institution or an ideology". ~I doubt he has ever met an arab that believes in the ideology of Islam so much he would kill his brother for it and not bat an eyelid in the process.

Yes he is entitled to his opinion, but not while our troops are still out there protecting his right to flap his gums and put our boys in greater danger. He should be supporting the troops what ever his beliefs until the last of our boys are back home. Then, and only then, can he shoot his mouth off.

Resign you fraud, resign!

1 comment:

Heth said...

Hi Maffi,

As a mum with a son in the Army, I totally agree with the views you've expressed about this subject on your blog, I too have occasionally penned my concerns, & altho I try to keep them muted, deep down I feel very strongly. I don't know if you read my blog but I created a couple of relevant & moving posts on both Remembrance Sunday & Armistice Day, the latter of which was the day we moved onto the boat full time - but I blogged that momentous day (for us personally) on the 12th...

Heather