Sunday, 21 February 2010

Prizes

Long day today started with someone wanting gas from Dusty who as it happens is moored abreast of me. Dusty isn’t around until tomorrow so we pointed him at Tim’s. Then The Bottles and I went off for tea at the Trooms.

DSCF2807Sunday lunch was at nb Oakfield followed by a walk to Kidlington Green Lock. The whole point of the walk was to see if we could retrieve Bones’ horn that she knocked off the roof on her trip down last weekend. No luck in that department, but between us we retrieved 4 windlasses and a nice mooring pin.

I know one of these is from Charlie’s place down in town, but he charges 30 quid for a lost windlass so I don’t think he will get this one back.

5 comments:

Halfie said...

Is it wise to describe Bones's boat as a tip?

Maffi said...

Good point, well made! correction complete.

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser http://nbharnser.blogspot.com said...

Is the pink on the £30 model, I picked one of them up last week as well.
What magnets were you using? I have one from Madnetman and think its the bees knees

MortimerBones said...

so it is YOU that has my magnet!!!!! NORTY!

Maffi said...

Yes £30 is what Charlie at College Cruisers charges if they loose one.

One of Andrew's little chrome ones and a Sea Searcher