Sunday, 7 March 2010

Oxfordshire Narrowboats

I haven’t been quite as good at keeping the blog going this last week as I have in the last few months. The reason is I have taken up employment with Oxfordshire Narrowboats. My first week was hard but I was rewarded on Friday by being paid to go boating. How cool is that. I had to go to the first lock with 3 boat loads of hirers and after instruction send them on their merry way.

During the week three narrow boats were craned in at my mooring for onward transmission to Lower Heyford. Two shells and a show boat. Come Sunday I was tasked to take the tail boat of a chain of 3 on the way to Heyford.

DSCF3041IMG_0007

And the best thing is I got paid to do it.DSCF3049

All three boats managed to fit neatly into Shipton Weir Lock.

IMG_0050

And away off up the River Cherwell.

4 comments:

Halfie said...

Congratulations, Maffi. I hope it all goes well for you.

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser http://nbharnser.blogspot.com said...

Well done, glad you are fixed up. We know where to come when they come speeding by

Anonymous said...

Good news! Enjoy.
Sue L

Anonymous said...

Whats with Werking aint easy, i ref to your post My first week was hard but I was rewarded on Friday by being paid to go boating. How cool is that.You soon changed your tune lol
Allan