Tuesday, 11 May 2010

There be Dragons

Part of what I do at the yard involves instruction in safe boating and taking customers to Allen’s Lock and demonstrating the safe operation of the lock. Of course this in no way prepares them for Somerton Deep Lock which probably comes as a bit of a shock. Allen’s Lock is over a mile away from the yard. So rather than walk back I try to cadge a lift.

There are two Matilda Roses on the system and I have now been on them both. Dave and Jackie are very nice people. They were surprised however to find out that I had spent 3 hours with my charges, who exited the lock as they arrived. I had met Mr & Mrs Hirer (a sweet couple from NZ~) at 1 o’clock and waved them good bye just after 4.DSCF3672 Dave had a wonderful carved Komodo Dragon on the roof of his boat.DSCF3674

3 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser http://nbharnser.blogspot.com said...

We saw them at Napton, but I didn't get a photo as we passed. Did he carve it?
When we walked the dog next day they had gone.

Maffi said...

No idea sorry.

Maria said...

I really appreciate you for all the valuable work that you are sharing us through your blog.