Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Ho hum another boring day at the office!

Those who have been following me for a long time know I have no love for Islam or those that follow this archaic form of social control. Least of all when they rob me and kill those with whom I worked. I have written about it often though not on this blog. Tonight I received an email containing death threats and a demand for money. It wouldn’t be the first time I have received death threats, I take them in my stride, but I was a bit perturbed to find the value they put on me was only $3,500. I must be worth more than that surely if only on the spare parts market.
I went on line and reported it to the police and didn’t expect to hear from them for a week or two if at all. Within 15 minutes an officer phoned to discuss the email with me. I can only think its a quiet night at TVP Kidlington.
The probability is its a hoax/scam, as I thought, but they hadn’t seen this one before and will look into it. I tried Snopes to no avail.

4 comments:

Wiggins said...

How do they work out the money value? What is taken into consideration?

Not wanting to sound callous, but it is an odd amount - exchange rates?

(There is an article by Julian Barnes about the fatwa on Rushdie when he wonders about the "expenses" that were offered to be covered...)

Malcolm said...

Hi Maffi

Having worked in the Middle East for more than twenty years, for reasons I won't go into on here, I too am no fan of Islam.

Good to know you take such threats in your stride and the police appear to have take it seriously.

I'm not surprised at the $3,500, look at the death benefit under a Workmen's Compensation policy in that part of the world and you may be flattered!

Regards

Malcolm

Maffi said...

Malcom Because of my views on Islam I have recieved a few such messages. If they want to get me I doubt I will be able to stop them. I am protected on my boat and today have just learned of a new 'weapon' which is very useful against personal attacks if I can get it out of the cupboard in time. :)

Where are you now?

Anonymous said...

Saved as a favorite, I like your web site!

Also visit my web-site :: Gunstiges smartphone