Friday, 28 October 2011

Coombeswood Canal Trust

I found the Coombeswood Canal Trust (CCT) as I was wandering around the net. They are part of the Dudley No2 Canal on the Birmingham Canal Navigations (BCN). I noticed they had little over 5,000 hits in the two years they have been running. This seemed a little unfair to me as my blogs gets 10 times that  pa for the dribble I write. The CCT and the Coombeswood Canal Company (CCC, the trading arm of the trust) are providing a good service to boaters on the BCN and deserve our support.  I will be up that way in a few weeks and will stop by, I will probably need a refuel by then. I will report back with what I find. Meanwhile click on the site  have a look at what is going on and make them feel they are cuddled by boaters everywhere. The Trust also has a Face Book page here

CCTProceeds of the 2011 working group. Didn't they do well?

6 comments:

Freespirit said...

I have followed your blog for quite a while and thouroughly enjoyed reading it. Then suddenly there you were! You were moored between bridge 80 and 81 on the Oxford Canal. It was only after we had given you a friendly wave and had crept past 'Milly M' that I realised it was your boat! Hopefully next time we can stop for a chat.
Irene NB Free Spirit.

Captain Ahab said...

Rich pickings on the Tame Valley

Allan said...

Well with metal prices the way they are it must be worth picking it up now , about time too .

nb.bobcat said...

Is that what Milly M will look like shortly?

Maffi said...

Oi!

Sue - Website Administrator said...

Thank you for your positive comments Maffi, any exposure to the world wide web is greatly appreciated! Look forward to meeting you soon and do hope that you make use of the 'Guide to the Dudley No.2 Canal: Windmill End to Hawne Basin', on your way to the basin. You can obtain a copy in the bridge hole on the left hand side as you approach the Dudley No.2 canal at Windmill End, you will need a BW key to gain access to the box.