Friday, 23 December 2011

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

I was told today about a boat that pulled over under the rail bridge at Enslow and dumped a load of wood on the off towpath side.

If you see a boat dumping rubbish take their number. If you dont want to report it then send it to me because you know I will. We must stop this wanton destruction of our environment.

I found all this between Nadkey Bridge (near Banbury) and Thrupp.

DSCF2461

Traffic Cone, Waste Bin, 1/2 a Table, Dustbin, Plastic Bucket, Dog Basket, 20 ltr Container, Sheet 2x3 Hex Board, Several bags of litter (two were dumped together in the hedgerow below Dashwood’s Lock)

And I wasn’t even trying. I could have picked up 2/3 times this much if I hadn’t been so angry with the skankey bastards who do this.

5 comments:

Paul and Elaine said...

Admiring your good work, have a great Christmas and New Year.
Hope to meet up one day.
Paul

Maffi said...

Thank you. Whats it like in Sydney for litter?

Maffi said...

Thank you. Whats it like in Sydney for litter?

Allan said...

Old age creeping up on you , your repeating yourself

Paul and Elaine said...

Its actually very good, most litter would be discarded fast food junk, but as I said there is very little. Apart from the usual weekly garbage pickups there are also 4 yearly pickups of household junk as in old fridges, washing machines, furniture etc, all free of charge. This also spawns an industry of people driving around the streets picking up furniture, white goods etc , refuburshing them and either keeping them of reselling them on. All my surfboards and even some of our furniture we have picked up on clean up weekends.