Thursday, 29 December 2011

New rolling stock

I see that Bombardier, not Bombardi-ay, have just been awarded a contract worth 187 million quid to build 135 rail carriages. Now I know that train carriages are not cheap to make, but £1.4 mill per carriage for what is simply a redesign of seating lighting heating on a set of wheels which has not changed in a long time is rather overpriced don’t you think.

What gets me is that they made 1400 people redundant, many of whom the taxpayer is now supporting due to the loss of an earlier contract that was awarded to the Germans. This new contract comes with an £80 million taxpayer subsidy.

Sorry but I cant afford to subsidise this as well as support those that were made redundant and the excessive increase in fuel cost and coal. I am not a charity! The Government need to understand this before the populace rise up and take back control of their lives.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Encore!!

Neil Corbett said...

Hmm. I haven't examined the detail but I thought maybe the govt had at last woken up to the idea that the contract subsidy would be better use of money by taking people off the dole, especially as a olot of it will come back in tax. I think that's how the Johnny foreigners look on these things. If I'm right, then I don't mind.

Neil