Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Andy Tidy

Andy Tidy, Author of Captain Ahab's Watery Tales is putting himself up for the CRT. This is his mini statement.

“My passion for boating dates from the ‘dirty ditches’ of the 1960's to the magnificent system of today. I have travelled widely on our narrowboat Wand'ring Bark, and it has been said that canal water flows through my veins!

Professionally, I oversee operational integrity within a multinational business, shaping policy, strategy and applying a commercial approach to planning.

If elected I will approach this Council role as an enthusiast and a professional, combining 30 years of commercial experience with a 40 year passion for our waterways. It's crucial that the C&RT strikes the right balance between the needs of the various user groups, particularly the boaters who must remain core to its operation.

I will take a critical view of commercial and strategic aspects of the Trust's proposals and plans. I would be honoured to represent the boating community.”

Well, I don’t know about you, but, this guy gets my vote.

1 comment:

Captain Ahab said...

Maffi
Thank you for your kind endorsement - its much appreciated.
Andy