Sunday, 15 January 2012

Defra

I love the way the truth is twisted. This little statement looks innocent enough.

A Defra spokeswoman said: “We have already committed nearly half a billion pounds worth of property and £390 million in funding over the next ten years to help the charity get off to the best possible start.

Now correct me if I am wrong but the half billion pounds worth of property is surely part of the system that the government are trying to unload onto the CRT so that HMG can walk away washing their hands of the whole business.

Post Script
The Canal system we have here in the UK is second to none in the world. It is unique to Britain, an integral part of our history. HMG should not baulk in its duty to ensure the Canals and Rivers of this country are properly preserved for the future. If the government doesn’t want this historical wonder then how about they hand over to the CRT all taxes made by canal related business, then we could have a fantastic system.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you seem to think cc stands for cant cruise 14 days stay I think you should practice what you preach, but then again bloggers think that they are the only one,s on the canal....Andy Davies cc 15 years and still moving

Maffi said...

So we don't count the 300 miles I have done since October?

Anonymous said...

I have cruised 1,000s of miles all over the system, and have never over stayed, but you seem to think that just because you,ve done a mingy 300 miles in 4 months,it gives you the right to over stay. This is the same as saying [I,m under the doctor, I work in the area, My kids are in school eta.] your just as bad as all over stayer,s DONT DO AS I DO ,DO AS I SAY ....Andy Davies

Maffi said...

I don't see your point. Prior to leaving Thrupp in October I paid for my mooring. And I still havent overstayed during my return. Were it not for the ice yesterday I would be in Oxford by now. By the end of the month I expect to be in Stratford or some where near.