Sunday, 12 February 2012

Crowded Spaces

Some time ago I visited an art exhibition and was amazed at the content. There seemed to be a lot of what I can only call ‘daubing’ on display. I thought that’s not art! I can do that. So I went to the art shop, well THE WORKS, and bought some small canvases and paints. This was my first effort. 06022012992
I called it Crowded Spaces. I don’t suppose it took more than about 20 mins, even allowing for  drying time, but I was very pleased with the end result. Bones liked it so much she ask for it as a birthday present, which I duly gave her. It is displayed on her boat.

I have done others, but none that I liked and felt pleased with as this one. This isn’t good, it’s a daub, but I really like it and other people like it too. Is it art? That’s not for me to say.

Edit: I have probably done this item before.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look out TATE here i come

Jim said...

I've seen far worse in art galleries
Jim

Jaqueline Biggs said...

Art is form and content--and I think you've nailed them both. You are obviously a man of many talents Maffi.

I like your initial foray into painting. It's whimisical and the colors are lovely. Keep up the good work!

Bob And Jill Russell Russell said...

Very post impressionistic, good canvas.

Sue said...

Goodness - I am a Philistine when it comes to art but this looks good!
Sue

grey wolf said...

You did not train as an artist so it is not art LOL but it is decorative which is more than can be said for much of modern art.It does evoke a crowded room,perhaps a pub ?