Monday, 13 February 2012

Hooray! Canal open

The Oxford canal was opened today with the arrival of two hire boats from Oxfords premier hire base Oxfordshire Narrowboats. Getting the boats around the corner under the bridge took some 20/30 minutes to cut through the 2.5+ cm thick ice. The hirers reported being threatened by a private boater with a pick axe handle and several who verbally abused them for navigating the canal. They were complaining about their blacking, but there comes a time when a mans right to navigate, something he has paid a lot of money to do, overrides another mans blacking.DSCF3074I shall be moving off in the morning unless the temperature plummets overnight. Hopefully I will be first to get to the water point so I can do my pump out before I travel on to my next mooring on the way to Stratford.