Friday, 23 March 2012

Royalty Aboard

Today I had a visitor. Two in fact. The King and Queen of bloggers Vic and Sue from No Problem no less! They breasted up and came aboard for tea. (I am currently using Yorkshire tea specially blended for hard water. I think it is crap and Vic & Sue probably did too, but were to polite to say so).

I gave Sue her pressie, a wood block for standing he ash bucket on. She announced she didn’t have an ash bucket. After tea they cast off and I walked to the locks to help them up. It took us about an hour to get to the top. After bidding them good-bye I helped the next pair down to the bottom lock. A lovely day in the sun!

Stupid me left the camera back aboard Milly M Doh!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Dunno about king and queen.. do royalty wear muckers and muddy trousers in boats?

Was great to see you today. I hope you realise that I got up an hour early this morning just to see you!

The tea really was very nice, I would have told you if it was cr.. awful

Thanks for the help up the locks.. There will be a pic on the blog of how hard you were finding that!

Neil Corbett said...

Maffi, I mix some Earl grey tea in with whatever I am using (currently Yorkshire - not for hard water) it really does lift the tea without making it taste of EG.
Kath (nb Herbie)