Wednesday, 14 March 2012

T-mobile

Have we become so used to being screwed we no longer expect to be treated fairly. Do we all now sit by the side lines and let big corporations just walk all over us. It would seem so! I have a contract with T-mobile to provide me with mobile broadband service. I pay them every month so far this contract they have consistently failed to provide me with a satisfactory service. If I stay with this poor service to the end It will cost me £244 from last week to the end, If I terminate the contract now it will cost me £244 ‘cancelation fee’. This is not a cancellation fee it is daylight robbery and yet people of my acquaintance are saying that it is only right that I should pay this penalty because I want out of the contract.

What part of “stand and deliver” do we not understand here.

I cannot believe that this contract is legal because they are not keeping their side of the agreement. T-mobile are refusing to accept their failure and so to them it doesn’t exist.

I contend that T-mobile are not a competent company to be providing a broadband service because they simply refuse to accept that the service they provide to me is poor and they are in the wrong.

This is how good T-mobile are. Here are two pictures of the broadband manager software installed on my computer. The first picture says I am connected, but there is no signal shown. Yet for T-mobile that upload/download is in my experience very good. Often I am lucky to get 1 or 2 Kbps.

tmobile2You will see in the second picture all is not right. The layout has slipped. This is bad product engineering! It says I am connected HUSPA and there is a signal (you can just see it), but even though I am attempting to upload a blog post with 3/4 pictures there is no upload/download traffic.
tmobile
One day last week I was ‘dropped off line’ 50/60 times in a day. It can be more, but this day was notable because 30 of those times were within the space of one hour. I was moored in the middle of Banbury. 

I was certain that an update of the firmware would solve the problem so I downloaded the firmware and clicked the install button. The firmware installation program told me (even though I had just used the dongle to download the program) that I didn’t have a dongle installed and that I should connect it before proceeding. Doh! This senario happened with the old style dongle I had last year so no effort has been made to correct this.

I have emailed them to tell them I want to terminate and they say they are not my provider and that I should talk to Virgin yet every month T-mobile take money out of my account.

Is it any wonder I feel psychopathic towards T-mobile. 

I suppose I could just cancel my DD and let the fookers take me to court but these people can really screw you up without much  effort. Of course the trouble is, getting back to my opening, we have become so used to being screwed we no longer expect to be treated fairly.

7 comments:

Alf said...

Pre empt them by sueing in a small claims court ? (For breach of contract)

Steve said...

Hi Maffi,
Have you tried the sale of goods act route with them. I did that with O2 once and they back peddled and I got compensated.

Worth a try maybe, might help get out of the contract with no cost.

Andrew said...

Maffi,

I think this is what you are up against with the service problem. If you are on a Vigin service.
tmobile took over Orange and amalgamated the transmitter sites in time.
You get to use tmobile via Virgin but not the old Orange service. Some tmobile masts are now replaced by Orange but you as a Virgin customer don't get to use them.So your service coverage has been reduced. This is just something I have read on the internet so happy to be corrected.

Mike, Mags, Poppy and Abbey said...

The dongle may not be connecting to a 3G service if it is not available at your location. Other data modes 2G etc may provide you only with a reduced data rate.

Mick

MortimerBones said...

heaven knows why you signed up them and heaven knows why they won't let you have your money back. They are outrageously bad. In the same area I get signal, you don't. Get them to give you your money back!

Having liaised very briefly with them I can see it will be very hard. Keep your cool, persist and sort it ou.

MortimerBones said...

heaven knows why you signed up them and heaven knows why they won't let you have your money back. They are outrageously bad. In the same area I get signal, you don't. Get them to give you your money back!

Having liaised very briefly with them I can see it will be very hard. Keep your cool, persist and sort it ou.

Allan said...

A Repeat of my post from February.
Allan said...

You pay a monthly service contract fee, to be provided with a service which they admit you are not receiving and,therefor they would be failing to adhere to the service provision terms thus being in breach of their service obligations under the contract entered into and as such termination of the agreement can be enacted and any cancellation fees that would be liable under early termination can be waived at the discretion of the manager/head of customer complaints.

Thursday, February 23, 2012 2:35:00 PM