Tuesday, 16 October 2012

Kennet and Avon Boating Community Website

I was a bit disappointed with the Kennet and Avon Boating Community Website, like the London Boaters and the Lee and Stort Boaters group they seem to have arisen to take up the mantle of the continuous moorer to justify signing the CCers declaration but not honouring that declaration.

On their contact page they list:-  National Association of Boat Owners, Residential Boat Owners Association, National Bargee Travellers Association, Travellers Advice Team, Friends, Families and Travellers, London Boaters, River Lea and Stort Boaters Group, Calderdale Boaters, Oxford Boaters, Cam Boaters, Bona Fide Navigators, Organisation of PLA Customers, Low Impact Living On board, Roving Canal Traders, Liveaboard Forum, K&A Canal Times, Kennet and Avon Canal Trust, What Do They Know, Electoral Commission, Shelter, Citizens Advice, Crisis.

They do not list the CRT, the very people whose water they sit on and whose rules they abuse. This I consider to be a grave error. The CRT are the enemy only if you want them to be. Talk to them!

I shall write a post here shortly in support of Pamela Smith who runs the site. I will do this not because I agree with anything on the site but because CRT are giving her a hard time and I said I would stand by her side while this continues.

4 comments:

Les and Jaqueline Biggs said...

Hi Maffi,

It could just be my American reading filter however I am wondering if--in your initial sentence--you left out the word no, as in "...signing the CCers declaration but (not) honouring that declaration."
Jaq

Tom and Jan said...

Hi Maffi,
I have some sympathy for Sally Ash. I'd feel aggrieved if the KABC had used the following terms about me as they could damage my professional reputation and livelihood.
"improper relationship"
"is incontrovertible evidence"
"unduly favoured hire boat companies "
If they had bothered to qualify the terms with "maybe, might, could be" then they probably wouldn't be complaining about threats of legal action.
I also read the information in the link to the Freedom of Information Request and found the CaRT response quite logical.
It appears to me they are a small group of boaters who can't comply with the current licensing rules and are therefore attempting to reinterpret them.
I also note the western end of the K&A is a CaRT identified "hotspot" for overstayers.

Maffi said...

Yes Jaq you are right cant think how I missed it.

As I understand it from other sources Tom, it was muted that hire boats would not have to abide by the time posted at visitor moorings.

Boating Community said...

Hi I M also with Pamela Smith .......To support