Wednesday, 28 November 2012

On getting old.

There is no God of this I’m sure
for were there any higher being
why would he make
so many mistakes
at our expense!
When I was a child
I had potential
I was supposed to be
‘His’ creation.
I was a beautiful child,
but my ears stuck out
Nonetheless I grew into
a handsome young man
and ’til I was in my thirties
handsome I stayed.
At thirty something I
all of a sudden,
started to spread
. . . out.
Before I was forty
my teeth fell
. . . out,
though I cleaned them
every single day.
’Twas in my genes.
My hair started to turn grey,
though not so fast.
I had lots of it
and still have
Though now it is nearly all grey
except when I come
out of the shower.
My face now has lines
I would rather hide
on my bum
if that's ok.
The nose on my face
is twice the size
it was at a third
of my current age.
My eyes are better since
I became a Bionic see’er
My ears still stick out,
but are larger and the weight
tends to hold them back
As long as I hold my head
slightly behind
the perpendicular.
My spread has reversed
I am a shadow of my former self.
However! the moobs are still there!
My once pert arse sags and
I am sure this applies pressure
to whatever it is that gives
muscle cramps in my legs.
These cramps bring tears
usually in the middle
of spine shattering sex. Oh
and that's another thing
that's not the same anymore.
My ‘manhood’,
though still stands
magnificent, is redundant
on this creaking
frame of mine.
Oh what I wouldn’t give
for one last joyous orgasm
that wasn’t self induced.
My hips are good
for about the first half hour
then in sets the pain
And knees of which
no care was given
now groan of their own accord.
Feet so carefully tended,
once good feet
look like old mans feet.
Skin that wrinkles
more every day
My hands no longer
able to play the guitar
as I used to.
My head no longer
remembers the words
as I used to.
Why did God do this to me
Is he a bad designer?
Does he care?
A caring God
cannot be so uncaring.
An omnipotent God
would not be such
a bad designer.
Given that I have gone
from handsome youth
to wizened old man yet
I am only sixty
I must conclude
that there is no God!
Why would an omnipotent
God do this to me?
What pleasure does he get
from seeing my demise.
God! Where are you
now I need
to feel the passion
I once felt?
To feel the potential
I once had
to be the young man
I was back then.
This is an unfair plan
for which I say
Damn you God!
You have no place in my life.
You are made up
to keep the proles in check.
You are a figment
of a mortal mind.
and offer no salvation
to the masses
just wrinkles . . .
. . . and saggy asses.
No God would destroy
his once beautiful creation,
Yet I am to continue to decay
and die a scraggy old man.
Again I say
damn you God!!!

8 comments:

Annabelle said...

chaussures Nike Gladiateur Mid femmes
Accessories & jewelry
Accessoires Sac louis vuitton
Boite de produit
boucle chanel
boucle juicy
boucle louis vuitton
boucle vivienne
bracelet chanel
bracelet juicy
bracelet links
bracelet louis vuitton
bracelet vivienne
collier chanel
collier juicy
collier louis vuitton
collier vivienne
main bracelet chanel
Porte cles chanel
Porte cles louis vuitton

Annabelle said...

sac a main chanel

sac a main dolce gabbana

sac a main ed hardy

sac a main fendi

sac a main gucci

sac a main louis vuitton

sac a main guess

sac a main chloe

sac a main polo ralph lauren

sac a main prada

sac a main versace

sac a main juicy couture

Annabelle said...

sac a main chanel

sac a main dolce gabbana

sac a main ed hardy

sac a main fendi

sac a main gucci

sac a main louis vuitton

sac a main guess

sac a main chloe

sac a main polo ralph lauren

sac a main prada

sac a main versace

sac a main juicy couture

MortimerBones said...

Isn't it funny how 'God' get's blamed for all the bad stuff.

I was given a watch that was lovingly and beautifully made. It was perfectly formed and did it's job just as the watchmaker intended it to. It was a work of art. I looked after it for a bit, and then slowly my bad habits, that were part of my life, became part of its. Eventually my watch looked worn and haggered, old and tattered.

Whose fault was it that the watch broke? The person that gave it to me, the maker that make it or mine for not looking after it?

Had I loved it as the maker had loved it it would not have broken.

The beauty about the body is it is like a long case clock. The passage of time wears heavy on a well traveled clock but the interior gets more and more beautiful, more and more valuable. Each tick carries not just the passing of time, but the passage of time. The case tells the story but the interior workings of the soul tell the substance.

Life isn't about the exterior. Beauty isn't about the exterior either.
Everything is about the interior and that is what should be treasured and held.



MortimerBones said...

P.s I think the poem is delightfully amusing. :-)

Maffi said...

It was supposed to be amusing!

eeyore said...

I was shocked when I read your post but, knowing that your blog is just a toilet wall, I assumed that it was a pub toilet and that you had possibly taken in a little too much of the local ale!

I agree with Bones' comment above. It is maybe more to do with how we use this body of ours rather than the designer's fault. My arthritic knees come from road running and football, my shape from beer drinking and under exercise, my psyche from the books I read and the films I watched and my attitudes from the people I have rubbed up the wrong way and have irritated me.

Not so much the designer's fault but a bit to do with me!

I hope that I can learn a little more of His sacrificial love!

Maffi said...

Peter I am sorry you were shocked. Either God is omnipotent or he is not. If he is omnipotent then he knows everything, even what happens to joints when runnng on a hard surface. Therefore he would have foreseen the problem and made a better design. This applies to hearing, to eyesight, heartbeat, everything. Why create us only to destroy us?

If he is not omnipotent this could well be a reason for not being allowed to question (test) him.