Saturday, 22 December 2012

Ferndale

I moved today up the lock. I was getting fed up with the mud on the banks getting in the boat, it’s almost ankle deep. So at about 2:30 I  cast off and went for water, which was only 200 yards away. While the water was filling I went to set the lock. There were two spaces above and a possible third I walked up to see who had taken the closest space. It was nbFERNDALE.

nbFERNDALE used to be nbGYPSY ROVER Derek and Dot Canvin’s boat. The new owners are Ray and Diane. They are mooring down at Aston Marina for the winter as are those other Antipodes, Paul and Elaine, who own nbCaxton aka The Manly Ferry.

I only had time for a short chat as I needed to get back to see to the water which was full as I arrived.

3 comments:

Jo (Boatwoman) said...

A very Happy Christmas to you both and all the very best for the New Year from J o& Keith (Hadar) x

Elly and Mick said...

Ahh... but there's three Aussie narrowboats here at Aston... we're taking over the place!
Elly
nb Parisien Star
ellyandmick.blogspot.com

Maffi said...

Yes Elly I know but we havent been properly introduced yet. I have only heard of you from others. I will add you to my blogroll.