Monday, 31 December 2012

Stoke-on-Trent

I arrived in Stoke-on-Trent today at about four-thirty. The canal here is not a clean canal indeed I will be very busy for the next day or so, but the architecture is fab. Some of the old factories are amazing. Except the one that burst into flames a few days ago. I of course missed the fireworks (gas bottles exploding) and the sudden ignition of a red diesel tank, which I am told turned the whole sky red.

I am 4 miles from the tunnel which will take me to the start, or is that finish, of the Macclesfield Canal. The Macc is the object of my journey. The very reason I came this far ‘oop norf’. Why did I come here? to take a photograph of Milly M in a turnover bridge. Crazy I know, but ‘there ya go’.

No 2 daughter is coming to visit Wednesday so I will have a spell to do a few jobs providing I can find a supplier of electric cable. Ho hum!

DSCF6163

Holly

4 comments:

Dave,Beryl Bradshaw said...

Hi Maffi welcome to the Potteries we are currently at Home in Bentilee waiting for the Doctor for Mum. Sokai is all tucked up at Festival park Marina Electric cable at B&Q at Festival park. Happy New Year Luv Beryl & Dave

Dave,Beryl Bradshaw said...

Having to leave this comment on your blog, mine has decided to not let me reply: Hope Sokai is OK we are just back from hospital Mum in for a few days.

Maffi said...

Oh dear poor mum.

Jaqueline Biggs said...

Hope your spell worked out well!
Jaq
NBVal