Monday, 18 February 2013

Another Haircut

You may remember my haircut last year in Banbury and the story that went with it. See here.

Then somewhere around Christmas  I had this done. Well…DSCF6407..today I went to get my hair cut again, at this rate the industry will have an influx of finances this is the third time in little over a year. I walked about around the city for a bit and found 6 million places to eat, so I then asked a couple of likely lads outside a pub smoking. Chap said I might try the college and directed me to it. Down the canal to lock 4. Right over Saturday Bridge. UP to the University College of Brum then go around the back. I found it a 84 Newhall Street. (Newhall Street rang a bell for me. My mother being as brummie has, at sometime past, mentioned it to me though why escapes me at this time). Anyway I just walked in to 84 and asked. They pointed me to the school, who said it will a ten minute wait. And sure as eggs is eggs a young lady came out and asked for Paul, who wasn’t there, I said I would be Paul if it was any help. The lady behind reception said, “That’s Maffi, he’s next”. After taking my coat, which I noticed was beginning to smell a bit, young Fern took me into the training room. We discussed a few things about what I wanted which really was just something that wouldn’t take two hours to dry. She set to first washing my hair, and that was an experience I can tell you, and then  combing my hair she set to clipping away. Very ‘professional’ chatting away about how she failed one assessment by cutting her finger. Well surprise she did it again. She did try very hard to cover it up but it got spotted. Poor girl. End result  judge for yourself!. I like it. If you read this Fern. Best of luck with the interview.

DSCF8214

10 comments:

Dave,Beryl Bradshaw said...

Very Smart, When is the Job Interview
We have finally returned to the boat
And are now moving south.

Anonymous said...

Positively handsome!

Old Salt said...

Hi Maffi.
Have been following your trip with much interest. It's brilliant. Your new haircut makes you look most distinguished too. I look forward to meeting you and catching up sometime soon.
All the best.
Peter

Alf said...

Still too long !!

(sorry !)

Carol Palin said...

Much better Maffi!

Maffi said...

Peter I am heading your way.

Anne / Olly said...

Griff.....see FB! But looks good all the same.

Wozie said...

Well I think she made a good job of your new look Maffi, very stylish!

Mimi said...

Much better. Previous haircut looked a bit 'wiggy' if you get what I mean. ;)

Dirty Pongo said...

Blimey! i don't think I'd recognise you now. Last time I saw you you had long hair and a scruffy beard. Looking good tho mate, I like it.