Thursday, 14 February 2013

Mobile murderer.

I was hit by a car in Wolverhampton today. I was standing on a traffic island, when the traffic stopped. The woman who stopped about 10 feet away was on the phone. So I said she should get off the phone. She ignored me so I stood in front of the car and repeated 'Get off the phone'. She just drove straight at me. I stepped to one side and she glanced off me as she passed. I suppose this is what passes for manners in countries where the sun shines all year round.

What is more annoying is I looked at the number plate and thought if only I had my camera, which is odd because I never think about my camera when anything exciting happens. Needless to say I don't remember the number. Doh!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you weren't murdered after all! Happy Valentine's Day and please no more crap pictures, not great when you've just eaten your tea. X

Johnny Essex (nb Nota Bene) said...

Seems to have left you with double vision :-)

Steve said...

Maffi!!
In this day and age you really do need to be more careful. You hear such horror stories of people being hurt or killed for the most simple of reasons.

These days many people have far less tolerance than they used to and things could have turned very nasty very quickly.

Please be careful and am so glad you are unharmed.

Lyraboat said...

If a woman wants to drive, don't stand in her way!
On a more practical note, while I agree she should be shot; she doesn't know what your intentions are, for all she knows you could be a murderer.

Jo (Boatwoman) said...

Blimey that was a huge risk you took, but I can understand your rage. Recently I was having my hair trimmed and the hairdresser was furious that she had been caught on her mobile phone by the police at traffic lights, she was told she would either have points put on her licence or she could go on a further education driving course, she chose the course and said it was so boring and a complete waste of time. She really could not see the problem with her actions. I wonder if these people would feel the same if they killed someone whilst on their phone, or a member of their family was killed by a driver on their phone. It really makes my blood boil.

Wozie said...

Perhaps you gave her the fright she so rightly deserved, but do look out for yourself Maffi, as no-one else will!

Robbie and Suzie said...

Well done you! I understand the comments regarding the reprisals but why should we be bullied into not doing the right thing? Just maybe you saved my granddaughter's life? Thank you. I recently stopped a group of teenage boys ripping down a tree....I'm always friendly when I do this sort of thing and do lots of laughing and joking....but I do (more often than not) get the message across. Somehow I think it's easier for women to do this? just a little old lady....not so old....just appears that way. Anyway, take great care.