Monday, 17 June 2013

Facebook Follies

Sometimes when I get a ‘bee in my bonnet’ I cant help myself. Such as the time when Gav Phillips on Facebook said to someone "not sayin i dont like it...i just dont like single minded people that stereotype"….

It begged me to ask the question, “Are you not stereotyping single minded people?”

I thought this was a fair question but Gav didn’t. He said  “You are an arse....your prolli one of those that moans about everything but does it himself,and when you have nothing to moan about you try to look clever makin stupid remarks that you think are clever...lady karma will knock your door one day.

Well he could have a point but in my case but I don’t think so! Apart from poor grammar and spelling I think he was really talking about himself.

“Just asking a question! Obviously hit a nerve,” says I.

Well that really must have got under his skin because his next comment was way of base. He said, “Far from it...ur exactly whats wrong on the canal, a toff...sooner the likes of u bugger off the rest of us full time dwellers will live in peace.”

He’ll be a ‘continuous avoider’ then. Well I had to laugh. Me, a toff, what a giggle! My return post was as follows, “There you go again stereotyping people. I was born in a council house 62 years ago and my mother still lives there. I served 25years 239 days in the Royal Air Force as part of the military forces of the UK that stood on the line to allow the likes of you the freedom to come on here and be WRONG!

And if that doesnt strike a chord with you I have been living on my boat full time since it was built over 6 years ago. Can one assume that when you are in charge of the world, boaters will have to ask you if they can come and live on your canal.

PS If you cant write English please don’t bother to reply.”

I am a bit miffed because he blocked me before I could see his next post which fortunately someone else copied a part of. Gav said "….got yer names,got pics of yer faces and / or boats.....have fun while travelin ill keep an eye out for you…..”

Well if you are going to threaten someone you could at least have the good manners to do it in proper English and ffs learn to spell. I am quite looking forward to meeting Gav on my travels (wherever he may be). I hope I don’t have to introduce him to my friend Mr H.S. Hebble.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well here's a comment for yu and I'm sure you're unlikely to publish it. You're a man of rants, your blog is full of them.... But what the hell gives your mother the excuse to be living in a council house for 62 years????

My mother and father privately rented for over 20years before buying.... No doubt she has a 20k salary as well as a husband with the same....driving around in BMW or Mercedes, and holidaying 3 times a year, yet only paying £20 a week in rent.
DISGUSTING

Jon

Maffi said...

Well Jon it's like this you, like Gav, stereotype everyone you don’t like. You read what I said and made the rest up.

All I said was I was born in a council house where my mother still lives. The house was 'legally’ purchased in the early eighties.

No she doesn’t have a big income. Being 89 she has worked long enough to earn her old age leisure, Nor does she drive a BMW, she has never been able to afford a car and of course my father died 25 years ago. She hasn’t been on holiday for 20 years other than visiting family.

What I find disgusting is that you are so ill-informed that you think anyone pays £20 a week in rent.

Your comment is vacuous to the point of insult. Please be kind enough not to write here again.

You may apologise when you have gained some manners.

Anonymous said...

Legally purchases??? "Right to buy" you mean??? Aka a way for council trash to own their own home because they have "the right".

Sums up the UK doesn't it?? Everyone has the right!

So don't blow your trumpet here about being her having been a hard working citizen who worked hard for her home..... She got it at a massive discount which if having to rent privately, would never have happened and shouldn't with council houses either. To be honest they should be abolished so everyone has to get off their arse and work.

And are you SERIOUSLY telling us all that YOU don't stereotype people on here when you see them "doing things you don't like" as you put it.
PA!

Jon
(Guessing this one wont get published as in reality I'm sure that you can't have a debate, you just have to have your say "to win")

Dave,Beryl Bradshaw said...

Where do these people come from
obviously never met you.I also come from a council estate and am proud
of it.
Dave. & Mum still lives in the same house since 1956

Maffi said...

When I said council Dave I meant Knightsbridge not estate. :)

Maffi said...

It must be your arse Jon that you are talking out of. What you dont seem to understand is my parents rented that house for 32 years before they bought it and probably paid 10 times its build cost in rent if not more. Then paid maybe twenty times its build cost to buy it.

This is a good thing both my parents served in the WW2 and they like to think that this was some kind of reward for their efforts.

These days right to buy is given at the two year point. Please dont lecture me about things you really have no idea about.

Of course I stereotype people here its my site, my ideas, my thoughts. I would be a twat to deny it. But the thing you will notice is my name is at the bottom of every post. People across the world know who I am so I cannot be accused of hiding.

Whereas you, you are who? Jon Who? Where's your site? Whats it about? How many visits have you had? How long has it been running? Answer these questions and I might have some respect for you.

OK so now you have had two slaps at me you will not get another.

Anonymous said...

Jon,

In all sincerity, I suggest you read Wilhelm Reich's Listen, Little Man! it might prove enlightening & open you up to life.

Excerpt:

You differ from a great man in only one respect: the great man was once a very little man, but he developed one important quality: he recognized the smallness and narrowness of his thoughts and actions. Under the pressure of some task which meant a great deal to him, he learned to see how his smallness, his pettiness, endangered his happiness. In other words, a great man knows when and in what way he is a little man. A little man does not know he is little and is afraid to know. He hides his pettiness and narrowness behind illusions of strength and greatness, someone else's strength and greatness... He admires an idea he has not had, not one he has had. The less he understands something, the more firmly he believes in it. And the better he understands an idea, the less he believes in it.

From someone who thinks you could do with the read.

Anonymous said...

"It must be your arse Jon that you are talking out of. What you dont seem to understand is my parents rented that house for 32 years before they bought it and probably paid 10 times its build cost in rent if not more. Then paid maybe twenty times its build cost to buy it.

This is a good thing both my parents served in the WW2 and they like to think that this was some kind of reward for their efforts."

Reward for their efforts???? They did a job like other people in the war. Again. Thanks is the problem in the UK today - people thinking they're OWED something.

My parents rented for 18 years at £500 a month (way back in 1990)

£500 x 12= £6,000
£6,000 x 18 = £108,000

They had NO right to buy that house at the end of the renting period. Were they hard done by? Ripped off? "Done" out of their money?

NO. That's the way it works. End of.

How dare you and your family believe you're OWED the right to be able to live in the council house on the cheap simply because Yuve rented it and therefore paid "more than the building costs"

You're absolutely laughable. I'd love to hear how you're going or try and justify this to prove you're right again.

Malcolm said...

Hi Maffi
He's obviously a pillock, makes assumptions and I wouldn't waste my time responding to him, but that's up to you.
The fact that he always writes anonymously speaks volumes!
I wouldn't publish any of his comments unless he's brave enough to identify himself.
Keep on keeping on!
Regards
Malcolm

Maffi said...

Jon you are a dickhead! Why is it my fault that your parents were/are stupid'

I am not putting anymore of your crap up here. Dont for one minute think I cant give the authorities you IP number if you persist in being an arse.

Malcolm said...

Well said mate!
It's your blog, you can express your opinions an decide who's comments you publish.