Sunday, 20 October 2013

Cassiobury

After the thunder and lightning this morning I thought about setting off but remembered I really should have a quick look in the weed hatch. A whole knot of plastic bags and 6 feet of speaker wire. I thought it was a bit sluggish yesterday.

I got a new jumper today. It was really nice. Dark blue Aran style. I am a bit dis-appointed that it is full of holes, but that’s what happens when they get wound around a propeller. I should have let the water settle after that working boat came out of the lock.

Anyway got it sorted and did the unmentionable, which I wont mention, but suffice to say I was standing on the bank and the boat was in the middle of the canal. Along comes a little tug who totally failed to realise my predicament and went straight into the lock. My boat eventually rested on the other side of the canal. I crossed the bridge to get it back.

When I moored up at Cassiobury, in the dark, someone on the bank trying to be helpful was shining a led torch in my face. This was no fecking use to me at all. I couldn't see the bank that curved around to the left after the bridge and hit it. Given that they knew where the pub was I assume they were a pair of continuous moorers with no smarts. I say this because they said the Essex Arms was 5 mins drive away. I did point out that I had just arrived on a boat and boats were not very good on the road.

Oh God save me from the feeble minded!

3 comments:

Jaqueline Biggs said...

Just catching up with your blog and you made me laugh out loud several times. Your ma sounds like a dear and she looks fantastic for any age over 60. I would never have guessed she was in her 90's. thanks for laughs Maffi and enjoy the air conditioned sweater.
Jaq

Wozie nb Oakfield said...

I hope you won't want me to repair the holes in that jumper as well Maffi!

Wozie nb Oakfield said...

I hope you won't want me to repair the holes in that jumper as well Maffi!