Sunday, 13 October 2013

Oh dear!

It was a funny day on Saturday. I was told to be at the lock at 7 so I go up early. At one minute to 7 I was outside the lock waiting…. and waiting…. and waiting. At twenty past I phoned the lock office. The lockie sounded as if she had just woken up. She said she didn’t know I was coming. Ho hum!

Going down the river I was ‘abused’ by members of the Richmond Rowing Club. Not physically or verbally but by their incompetence, no knowing the river rules. They were all over the place  stopping where they pleased, cutting across my bows, passing on the inside (both directions). I was amused as one girl, rowing her heart out, just crashed into a moored boat. They are all absolutely barking mad.

Approaching the Thames Lock I called to tell them I was going to be late, engaged. I rang them continuously  and they were continuously engaged as I approached the lock I could see the lockie on the phone still!!! He told me he was discussing rosters. I don’t care! If I was in trouble that was the number I would ring.

Anyway I met Pierre when I was past the gauging lock. That surprised him. I had trouble with a 15 foot log in Lock 97. Lock 96 had a bottom paddle partly open and the lock wouldn’t fill. Lock 94 had a bent plate at the bottom of the gate risking damage.
DSCF9229

At Lock 90 I grounded on the lock mooring. It was at this point I stopped taking notes.

I made my way to Bulls Bridge where I went to Tescos after which I collected two bags of rubbish.then moved on to Greenford for the night.

No comments: