Monday, 14 October 2013

Old friend.

Yesterday I saw a post card that I had found amongst some old pictures. It contained an old friends phone number. This card was posted to an address I had in the early nineties. The landline number was 07. Now I used to write to her when I was in Saudi but lost her address when I sat on my electronic organiser so we have not been in contact for nearly ten years. I looked at the card several times since I found it last week and I finally decided to call placing a 1 between the 0 &7 017. I didn’t know what to expect. We chatted for a while about the intervening years. She was very pleased to hear from me. I was pleased she was pleased. I think we will have a textual relationship.

This morning I collected three more bags of rubbish from the towpath. I think I am now up to eleven. A local contractor gave me a pile of bags. After a visit to Sainsbury’s we left. I moored up in Paddington Basin.

306/11

2 comments:

nb Chuffed said...

HI Maffi
I expect you know all about The Baton - I had the privilege of running with it for a short while when the guys ran the Great West Run this weekend (left side of this link http://www.thebaton.co.uk/the-message/its-purpose/)
Debby

Maffi said...

I have no idea what you are talking about!