Friday, 11 October 2013

Teddington and friends

I stayed up late last night and didn’t rise till about 9.30. Me and the bitch set off about 10ish to head for Teddington. Would you believe the office at Teddington could not change a tenner for my £8.50 overnight stay.

I met up with my friends Phil and Trish for lunch at the Angler which is on the other side of the river. Jolly nice to see them again. Phil has a 50 ft Sea Otter called Chota Mem Sahib. We met down at Abingdon several years ago, him being a fan of the Maffi/Bones duo.

I have to be up at 6 to catch the rising tide at 7. I think it is still dark then. Thames Lock tell me they will be on duty from 6 until 10. Last time I came here in June they were late, here’s hoping! I should be arriving with them about 8.30.

I really need to clean my office. I have so much useful stuff here that I cannot find printer, scanner,USB ports etc. Its all wasted if it just sits there and idles under a pile of papers. Especially as some of those papers have my best work on.

No comments: