Friday, 1 November 2013

Braunston

Here I am at Braunston. I am waiting for the date for putting my mother to rest. Life on the canal continues apace. Many people pass saying hello. Nigel who I met earlier this year in The Jolly Boatman, Del and Al on Derwent 6, Peter who was on his way to Heyford but has missed the lock closure day, nb 5G, many people who I have no recollection of at all, oh and Keith and Ann on nb Oakfield moored behind.

I will have missed the closures by the time I am ready to move again. This will curtail my progress north, I think until Christmas week but hey ho! I will have no excuse for not getting down to work and rewriting the last scene of my play, it’s a bit weak.

During the ‘storm’ this week I lost the lid to my mini-bin off the roof so I will go fishing for that tomorrow. Might go into Daventry first for some bits.

3 comments:

Malcolm said...

Hi Maffi

Ill be aboard Meg from the 12th or 13th, if you're still in the area how about a pint and a bite?

Regards

Malcolm

Maffi said...

I shall be here till the 16th. The funeral is on the 15th.

Malcolm said...

I'll call you when I get there.

I hope we can get together, I expect you need cheering up.