Tuesday, 19 November 2013

So Far I have, . . . .

. . . .since I left Thrupp early in October, travelled 250 miles, yet I am only 55 miles away from my starting point. I started out going to Oxford and then onto the Thames. I exited the Thames at Brentford and made my way up the GU turning right into the Paddington Arm at Bulls Bridge. I stopped in Paddington Basin a few days then went along the Regent canal to the Wenloc basin where I had lunch with Kate Saffin. Due to the problems they are having further down I did not venture onto the Hertford Canal or the River Lee. That day I returned to Little Venice and moored for the night.

The following day I set my jib for Buckby. That took me 8 days. On the ninth day I arrived in Braunston. I moored there for a while waiting for my mothers funeral. I am currently on the north Oxford at Hillmorton. There are three routes north from here, the GU, the Oxford/Coventry or the Leicester Arm. All of which CRT has chosen to close for maintenance. Any CCer wanting to go north is totally buggered. Well done CRT!

5 comments:

KevinTOO said...

Well there's another winter that I won't be able to buy you a pint or two Maffi :(

All you have to do is get as far as Fradley Jcn...

Maffi said...

I'll be there trust me! Crimbo ish.

Pentargon Springer said...

May I join the legion of the trapped? I'm at Oxford and on the Oxford canal unable to take the Thames to Bow because unknownst to me the EA effectively 'closes'the river to navigation from Nov. to end of March.

Oddly I have no complaint with the C&RT winter maintenance plan. Such work has to be done. The bottom gate is now operational at Somerton. Cropredy spill weir has been re-shod. Underwater brickwork at Kidlington is currently being attended to while I cool my heels at Wolvercote awaiting it's finish in a fortnight's time, so I may traipse all the way back to the Lea without experiencing the Thames.

Maffi said...

I'm not trapped I just cant go where I want to, but there are plenty of other places I can go. Come on up to Coventry. YOu are not that far away.

Rakesh Singh said...

may i join d trip???
Tender Dekho provides you best & Complete list of Tenders in Delhi, Tenders in India, Government tenders, Private Sector tenders, Corporate Tender, and also provides tender Subscription facilities.
Thanks.