Sunday, 5 January 2014

Where’s it gone?

So yesterday, after the news about Spike and Millie down in Banbury, I went to test my CO alarm. Its there at the end of the book case on the side of the underwear draw. Its been there for seven years.  It’s not there now. Bugger!

DSCF0024

So off I go straight away to B&Q and buy new ones. There’s a special offer on two. Now I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

 DSCF0019CO-tastic!

Now then do you know anyone who may not have one because they cant afford one? I think we all may. How about you find out and offer them one as a belated crimbo prezzie or just give them one anyway. Could be the best thing you ever do for them.  Think about it!

2 comments:

Jaqueline Biggs said...

Goof job you checked!! We would like to think you might be around for a few more years at least.

I had a friend in high school who lost her entire family to CO2 poisoning over a winter holiday. She opted to stay the night with a friend in the city--her family all died.

Jaq

Working Narrow Boat Hadar said...

I believe it is a good idea to have 2 alarms anyway, just in case one fails. We have to CO alarms ans 2 smoke alarms on Hadar,one of each in the boatman's cabin, a CO in the galley and a smoke alarm in the saloon (so Jo's cooking doesn't keep setting it off!) I strongly believe in having a backup for everything on-board.