Friday, 28 February 2014

CRT having a spot of bother.

A CRT day out going under Abbey Park Road. It is very shallow on that side.DSCF0435 Already struggling barely moving. They have a 72 foot flat on the front.
DSCF0445

Unfortunately they get stuck…solid.
DSCF0446

And then while trying to clear the prop the boat unfortunately sinks, however I watched as they took the weed hatch off and there was no indication that the water would come over the edge. Notice the flat in front is actually on the bottom not sunk but stuck on the bottom five feet from the edge.
DSCF0449

But it did and down it went.
DSCF0450

And even though the weed hatch is half a metre square they are going to pump it out with this. Thats only a 11/2” pipe! DSCF0451

4 comments:

KevinTOO said...

Oh dear :(

I know I shouldn't laugh, but I just can't help myself... ROFLMAO

Thank you for cheering up my Friday morning :)

Alf said...

Pay em peanuts you get monkeys !

Malcolm said...


That'll put up the licence fees!

Sue said...

Well there goes my £25 donation to CRT for the flooding to get that lot going again! :-(

I wonder if volunteers would have done better eh?

Probably!