Tuesday, 25 February 2014

Leicester

So here I am below Limekiln Lock Leicester. The canal is less than two feet deep which means any crap on the bottom will end up around your prop. Not only did I get a prop full but I got stuck in the middle of the canal. It was almost impossible to bow haul the boat to the edge. Mainly because it got shallower.

The hook on my boat pole fell off. This is my main means of getting crap off the prop. Fortunately the 'sea searcher' did a good job. I managed to get the boat to the other side of the bridge, where I tied to a hand rail. I set to clearing the prop.

Two hours later having removed a large quantity of bags, sacks and a jacket the engine still stalled because there was still so much stuff on the prop.

DSCF0432

I hate Leicester!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Maffi said...

Damn it did I start this post with "So here I am. . . . ."

KevinTOO said...

Well at least it was better than saying 'Wish you were here' LOL

You're not alone in disliking Leicester... I too share your feelings.

Robert Hawkins said...

We love Leicester.
Never had any trouble there.
Bob

Maffi said...

Not at all helpful Bob you are the only one I know that hasn't, but you will,