Friday, 7 March 2014

I have the nicest readers

Hi Maffi,

You don't know me. I live in Northern Ireland.

I have a mild interest in canal boats. My wife and I have friends who live near Foxton Locks. Every time we visit, I insist on going there.

I follow a few canal boat blogs, but yours is top of the list. I have read your complete blog from the very start. I like the way you write and the way you act, you say what you mean and mean what you say.

You stopped blogging for a while and I greatly missed your blogs, I’m glad you are back !

This is completely out of character for me to email someone I don't even know. I don't know if this is even a current email address for you. Maybe I’ll get a mention in your blog. Maybe not.

Anyway, keep up the blog, keep up the good work and maybe, just maybe, I will meet you sometime at Foxton.

All the best

Martin

5 comments:

Kath said...

Ah. How nice. That's a real, worthwhile, moment.
Kath (nb Herbie)

Anonymous said...

I often think, my god, he's a miserable old git however you often make me laugh out load. For me more humour less misery please! I'll still keep reading though, that's part of the appeal! Paula

Elly and Mick said...

What a lovely blog reader. You must be doing something right Maffi!
Elly on nb Parisien Star

KevinTOO said...

Well said Martin :)

Captain Ahab said...

Its a funny thing, Blogging. You never know who you will reach and what impact you will have. Then along comes positive feedback like this - very rewarding.
Andy