Saturday, 12 April 2014

Fate?

Today I have managed to get as far as Northbrook Lock. Earlier this afternoon Sarah called and said to look out for the willow at Bridge 210. Apparently Mark had heard it crack as he passed and said it is going to come down today. Yeah! yeah!

I arrived at Allen’s Lock at the same time as Chris and Joy who were just returning from the shops. I stopped for a cup of tea. Can you believe they had just got back from the shops and had NO cake! It’s a scandal!!!

I stayed for an hour. When I stopped at Heyford I heard that the tree had in deed fallen across the canal. Had I not stopped at the Wren’s boat for tea & no cake it may well have fallen on me.

DSCF0871 DSCF0872 DSCF0873  DSCF0875  DSCF0877  DSCF0879

3 comments:

Wozie nb Oakfield said...

Lucky you!
It's a wonder that it withstood those gales we had with all that ivy around the trunk!
We did see a BW/CRT chap safety checking trees a while back down the Oxford Canal, he obviously didn't assess this one.

Jaqueline Biggs said...

Man saved by Tea and Cakes! A much better read than the usual drivel in the newspapers. Glad to find you hale and hearty Maffi. Give Molly a pat form us.
Jaq and LesX

Anonymous said...

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written
article. I�ll make sure to bookmark it and return to read more
of your useful information. Thanks for the
post. I�ll definitely comeback.

Here is my web page ... dating games