Saturday, 19 April 2014

How feckin’ stupid

I have been having trouble getting online of late. Whilst I  do connect the connection is ‘limited’ that, I think, means I can send text messages which is not a whole lot of good, even though I have a 5 bar signal strength. The dialogue box gives the option for the computer to find the problem. I click on the link.

After a few seconds this message appears:-

You’re not connected to the Internet. To get online Help, which shows you the latest help content, you need to be connected to the Internet. Check your Internet connection.

Well I feckin’ know that but how do I get on line if the magic box in’t werkin’? How stupid can a provider be?

3 comments:

A Heron's View said...

Comments like these make me want to shout 'TWAT!'

nb AmyJo said...


We have exactly the same problem with AmyJo's internet connection. Worked fine from Wednesday to Saturday but not since.
We can connect to the wifi but it shows limited and no internet access.
Microsoft's diagnostics tool is as much use as a chocolate tea pot and we still have not resolved it.
Did you manage a solution in the end?

Maffi said...

Sort of! It changes day by day.