Friday, 26 September 2014

Another Alex Gem

Before sorting out my roof Alex set to fixing my gas locker. It was about this time last year that my gas locker hinge sheared. It did this because I only ever open the gas locker once every six months to change a gas bottle. Alex tells me that If I keep my centrelines in the gas locker then I will open it more often therefore noticing the problem before it gets to ‘shear’ point.

The original hinge formed by the two vertical straps and the ‘bar’ shape in the middle sitting on some ‘D’ section .

DSCF1680

Alex fabricated some new hinges utilising the old ones and making a bit of a feature out of it.DSCF1681 Need some work done? Alex is your man!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks terrific. Are there contact details for your 'Magic Metalwork' pal. My brass houdini hatch hinges have sheared, and I cannot buy relacements. I'm certain someone 'creative' in this field will be able to replace/repair said hinges at an appropriate price. Thus far I have failed to find such a wizard.
Rog
nb Paneke
janenrog@gmail.com

Maffi said...

'If you want this fixed I will send you his Phone number, although he is not taking on any new work this side of Christmas.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I wouldn't be contacting him until the new year, possibly even spring. For him I'm sure it would not be a major undertaking, but it would be hugely beneficial to us. Looks like you're getting all the little (and not so little) jobs done ready for your cruising and writing 'odyssey' in 2015. All the best and thanks again
Rog
nb Paneke

Maffi said...

Give me a PM/email nearer the time