Saturday, 18 October 2014

And a Hurricane

Well yesterday I made it from Caversham to Marlow. There are free moorings both above and below the lock.  Don’t mistake the paid moorings above the lock for free ones it will cost you.

It was a good day if a bit chilly. I saw the sun once for about a minute. So much for the heat wave at the end of the week.

Today I arrived in Windsor and was asked by a chap where I had come from. I couldn’t tell him. For several moments I had no recollection where I had started from.

Here at Windsor they have a monument to Sir Sydney Camm Apparently it was here last year. I was here last year (twice) and didn’t notice it.DSCF1845 DSCF1838 DSCF1839 DSCF1840  DSCF1842It points at Sir Sydney’s house which means that you cant get a very good down the gun sights shot of it..  DSCF1844

DSCF1846 It is only a replica but quite a nice one

2 comments:

Wozie nb Oakfield said...

Thanx for sharing this with us Maffi. Although I am not a plane enthusiast this is much more interesting and pleasing than some of the modern sculptures I have seen. The latest installation on the Cotswold Canal looks like a collapsed greenhouse, what a waste of money that was!

Robert Hawkins said...

Yep, it was there in 2013 when we visited.
Good ain't it?
Bob