Friday, 28 November 2014

Iconic facade

This was the opening shot in the film The Blue Lamp starring Jack Warner.  It is of course Scotland Yard. Most of the film was shot elsewhere.DSCF1931Those among us who are old enough will know it also appeared every week, I think on ATV, in the opening shot for a programme called ‘No Hiding Place’. It ran from 1959 to 1967. Starring Raymond Francis as Chief Det. Supt. Tom Lockhart. He was the MORSE of his day. Raymond never really had a commensurate success when the show ended due to his association with this programme. Another name to tickle your memory is that of Johnny Briggs who played Detective Sgt Russell and went on to a long term role in Coronation Street  via a couple of Carry On films and 633 Squadron to mention but a few of his film credits. What amazes me is that I knew  most of that stuff from memory, why?

3 comments:

roger said...

haven't noticed that building in Braunston, must be behind the church

Graham said...

Sorry Maffi, I would love to help to answer your question - but I'm afraid that your memory is a closed book to me.

KevinTOO said...

The building is known as 'Norman Shaw North' now as it has been a part of the Houses of Westminster for many years, it's mainly offices for MP's...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norman_Shaw_Buildings

See my mind is full of 'useful facts' too LOL