Friday, 30 January 2015

Despair

My radio is broken so I try to get Radio 4 on the laptop. Selecting ‘Play Live’ the page changes and tells me I need to install Flash Player. I select ‘Install’, Another screen tells me I already have Flash Player installed on my laptop in the latest version of IE, but I can test it if I wish. I select the first test it says you need to install Flash Player. I click the second test it tells me I don’t need to install Flash player and it is working OK. I go back to Radio 4. Selecting ‘Play Live’ the page changes and tells me I need to install Flash Player.

I got my first computer 25 years ago. It was a 386. It had Windows 3 installed. And whatever the latest DOS version was. Now 25 years later one would have thought MicroSoft would have got it right, but no even now MicroSoft cannot write a proper OS program. The word is that Windows 10 is going to be the best ever. That may well be, but it will still be crap. It will be as crap as a crappy thing on CRAP DAY in Crapville, in the US of CRAP. I think I might try UBUNTU. One thing MicroSoft should have learned in all this is ‘You can’t polish a turd’, but give them credit they’re still trying.

Nite all.

10 comments:

KevinTOO said...

I miss DOS, RIP :(

Marilyn McDonald said...

Get a Mac, Maffi - all round better product and much easier to use.

Tom and Jan said...

I've found ubuntu to be very stable. It also uses less memory and is faster than windoze!

Anonymous said...

Linux is your friend Maffi. Have a look at Mint, my favourite distro

Chris

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could keep your hair on and just buy a new radio.
nb Oakfield

Halfie said...

Does your mobile phone not have an FM radio?

Nev Wells said...

Halfie said...
Does your mobile phone not have an FM radio?

Lol....I am sure this was an honest post but made me chuckle adding extra layers of technology and challenge to an already frustrated man !

Robert Hawkins said...

I like Linux! The only slight downside is that some games need windows. I'm sure that doesn't affect you Maffi.
Bob

Halfie said...

I was being serious! Not as technological as all that Linux/Ubuntu stuff. Anyway I needn't have bothered as Maffi has bought a replacement wireless set.

Maffi said...

Halfie My phone does not have a radio but even if it did I would not use it. I am very much a phone is a phone type of person and I wouldn't want to have a earpiece stuck down my lug 'ole I would rather do with out. However the new radio is doing just fine. Bit of overkill for R4 but ho hum.