Thursday, 14 May 2015

Today I went to Abingdon

I left Osney about 11 this morning, but instead of going down stream I turned round and made my way back to Isis Lock where Dusty was waiting to deliver me two bags of coal. It is chilly today. There was a narrow boat moored on the pontoon who was there yesterday afternoon after Dusty moved off into the lock the boat moved back. He has an EA ticket and as such is not entitled to use the pontoon unless he is intending to go onto the canal. For fuel and water he should use EA facilities. Ho hum! I nosed into the lock mouth and left the boat in gear. Dusty gave me two bags of Supertherm and I gave him more quids than I wanted to. I made my way back to Osney Lock. It was an uneventful trip down river. I got to Sanford Lock and after locking down moored up to make a cuppa and change clothes, which were soaking. Despite the rain which had persisted since early morning I enjoyed the trip. I arrived in Abingdon about 5 ish. I moored on the park side. I like it there. Once again I removed wet clothes. Everything is now hanging up and the fire is drying them all out. Waitrose is across the park.

Tomorrow after a Waitrose trip I will amble down the river and will moor at the weir before Clifton Hampton. No one ever goes there! That will probably be just after lunch so I will progress in the afternoon to Days Lock and then moor where the River Thame joins the Thames.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, i think that i saw you visited my blog so i came to “return the favor”.I am trying to find things to improve my site!I
suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

Look into my web blog ... Nadhmi Sahbani