Friday, 8 May 2015

We have crabs!

When I was a younger man I like many in the 70s watched ‘The Waltons’ on TV. I was totally taken with the writings of Earl Hamner and as an aspiring writer I wanted to write like ‘John Boy Walton’. Nothing has changed.

I remember watching the film ‘Fried Green Tomatoes’, that was twenty five years ago. My memory was always that it was very much a John Boy Walton story. Tonight I watched ‘Fried Green Tomatoes’ for the first time in many years and I was surprised to find that it was no such thing.

It is one of those stories that has a lot of content, but you make a lot of it up yourself. I feel I made up the  Walton’s bit. It is nonetheless a fine story and worthy of  a couple of hours of anyone’s time.Window_at_the_Whistlestop_760

If you get to watch it and stay right to the end you will understand the title of this post. Enjoy, I’m sure you will.

3 comments:

A Heron's View said...

Oh I disliked the Walton's when that came on I used to pick up a book and would have switched off the TV had I been allowed.

Linda said...

I loved The Waltons and still do. I like Earl Hamner's writing as well.

Graham Moore said...

Thanks for reminding me what a good film Fried Green Tomatoes is.