Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Peter Hutchings RIP

Today I went to Banbury with Bones. We went to pay our respects to Peter Hutchings of the NB FUTUREST. Peter died shortly before Christmas after a short battle with cancer. The ceremony was held in the dry dock of Tooley’s a very fitting back drop for this well liked Banbury boater.

peter3Peter, though  ex Merchant  Navy, came to narrow boating late in life at 70 not very long after his wife died.  He was a very gentle gentleman. Always happy, always smiling. We, like most CCers, would meet up from time to time on our journeys around the system. I last saw him and Janis (his lady friend) down on the Kennet & Avon  we all had dinner together and next day I helped the pair of them down the locks to Foxhangers. Always a pleasure to spend time with Peter, I will miss him.

In the last two years I have been unfortunate to lose 3 friends. First Phillip, then Mo, and now Peter and that saddens me, but I am honoured to have known them all and to have spent time with such wonderful people.

No comments: