Sunday, 21 August 2016

I am back: on the Thames.

Wow it has been nearly two months since my last post this is the longest period of non- posting since I broke my Achilles tendon in 2008. However I am keeping up with the last post of rubbish, as indeed most of my posts are rubbish.

I have been on the Thames since Thursday. I spent Thursday in Abingdon. I hadn’t planned to stop in Abingdon but they have a Waitrose so it would be disrespectful not to. I moored in front of Tim and Helen on Hercules. We both ended up in Waitrose.  In passing down the veggie isle Tim said “We are lighting the BBQ when we get back you are welcome to join us. Well I am a sucker for a meal any time so in stead of shooting off as soon as the shopping was done, I stayed the night.  We had a very enjoyable evening. T&H provided the meat/salad/wine, I provided strawberries and cream./wine.

Anyway I digress.  I am currently moored on an island down stream of Sonning. I like mooring here, usually there is no one else and I get to wander around in the buff. Not so today.  There are some canoeists nearby, but they will be gone soon. I moored right on the end of the island. This is not good. A lump of willow has fallen and restricted the available space. I set to sawing the willow an made the space more comfortable. At this mooring spot skankey bastards have dumped their trash. A mini fridge and a half a porta pottie. I am sick of removing bogs from nice moorings. This makes eight in five years!

DSCF0304

DSCF0305

Dirty Bastards!

What is really annoying is Shiplake Lock a mile down stream has disposal facilities. I guess some people are just skanky bastards and always will be.

3 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Maffi,
It was good to see you on Friday, a lovely surprise to hear you hooting to let us know you could see us! Hope your shin is not too bruised!! It’s no wonder you didn’t know I’ve been blogging for at least 7 years … we’re not on your list of bloggers you’ve met or bloggers you’ve not met (neither Rock n Roll or Still Rockin’! I’d be really pleased to if you listed us!
See you on your way back.
Carol.

Maffi said...


You were not on my list because when I tried to shift you to the top list Blogger wouldn't let me save the entry despite saving the removal from the bottom list. All fixed now.

Carol said...

Thanks Maffi!