Sunday, 17 January 2010

An evening out.

We hadn't been to the hospital for a day out of late, so while I was away in Aylesbury Sunday morning Bones managed to crush her finger in the sliding hatch (no really she didn't do it on purpose). I came back by lunch time and we went off to the launderette, priority task. By late afternoon the pain was getting unbearable. "Come on", says I, "off to the hospital". Bones drove!!!

We were lucky it only took about an hour and a half then we were on our way home again, one lady had been waiting with her injured son about four hours. When I heard I suggested to her that she made a fuss, which she did. She was seen to soon after.

Anyway Morts, by now, blackened nail on the index finger of her right hand was very painful and causing her some considerable discomfort. The red doctor said local anesthetic then drill a hole in the nail to let the pressure out. the Green nurse said no need for LA just drill the nail. Which she did with a hot hypo. Red doctor watched much to Morts relief. Bones was very brave!

We get to return to the hospital in the morning for nail extraction.

2 comments:

WhatKathyDid said...

Poor Bones! I hope it goes OK tomorrow.

Burra Sahib said...

Aaaaaaaaagh
Poor Bones
I need a stiff drink just thinking about it!
Give her my regards
Philip