Saturday, 6 March 2010

Liberty Number 9

How do they do it and more importantly why?

My broadband Internet Access Gadget has, as one would expect, a mobile phone number (MBBN). Yesterday between 16:56:39 and 16:56:48 I received 9 text messages from the NHS inviting me to a job fair. I don’t know the law on this but I consider it an affront to my privacy that a government organisation should use this number to advertise for staff. Why do they have it? Why are MBBN’s being touted for sale?

There was an email address in one of the texts which was promotinghealth@nhs.net . Apparently I have to email ‘unsubscribe to this address to stop the texts. So the NHS not only have my MBBN and my email address but they must know I hold them both and so they are linked, how else could sending them a simple ‘unsubscribe’ email stop texts coming to my MBBN?

So I went to www.nhs.net and was presented with this statement;

This service is for authorised users only. Anyone attempting unauthorised access will be considered for appropriate legal action.

Now I am pissed off. These twats have information I don’t think they should have and they’re threatening me with legal action! It’s a Blooming Liberty that’s what I call it, a blooming Liberty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy.
I've read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions.
Maybe you could wrikte next articles referring to this article.
I desire to read more things about it!

Here is my webpage :: Freelance Writers