Thursday, 14 October 2010

Moving Milly

I had planned to take Milly M to Oxford two weeks ago so I could do my first few days at Uni from the advantage of the short walk from the Hythe Bridge arm but due to my stupidity down the bilges and only just recovering before start day I had to do the first few days at Uni commuting from Heyford.

The next weekend I moved from Heyford to Thrupp on Saturday then on to Oxford on Sunday. I had promised to take a local lad with me who is interested in getting a boat but as yet had not been boating. Martin, a kitchen hand at the Jolly Boatman, was ready to go on the Tuesday of the original plan, but had to accept my apology and an invitation to join me at the weekend instead.

He had a great time. We went down to Duke’s Cut and out on to the Thames down to Sheepwash Channel then reversed down the Hythe Bridge Arm.DSCF8545

Martin and Molly cruising along Port Meadow

6 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser http://nbharnser.blogspot.com said...

Did you find a mooring OK at the end

Maffi said...

A boat called Summer Wine was there but was only 30 feet long. It is most often empty as I have said before. I cant think why people dont use it, but hey ho! if they did I wouldnt be able to moor there.

MortimerBones said...

port marsh?

Helen Wilson (Martins mum) said...

Thanks Maffi, for putting a picture of Martin on your blog, he thoroughly enjoyed the day, he would certainly come along again if you were offering.

Maffi said...

My pleasure Helen. Its often nice to have help on the way. I will talk to Martin when I go again. Ciao

Maffi said...

OK Port Meadow :)