Sunday, 5 August 2012

QUIET!!!!

We all come to the canals for different reasons, but I would hazard a guess that most would identify peace and quiet among their main reasons for boating. I wonder why it is that so many boats have excessively noisy engines. No I am not talking about those running engines after eight although that is a problem, but those whose engine is so noisy that they can hardly hear the person on the deck next to them.

Even from inside my boat I can hear couples shouting at each other as they pass by my office window. Maybe it is just that they naturally shout at each other. Is it time for the BSS to cover the volumetric output from the engine? I don’t think that we should all have ‘Hospital’ silencers, but a serviceable silencer wouldn’t go amiss!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's Taking place i'm new to this, I stumbled upοn thіs Ι've found It positively useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & help other users like its aided me. Great job.
Feel free to visit my webpage ; Flights to Larnaca