Tuesday, 25 September 2012

Aardvarks & Maffi’s Boat

A couple of weeks ago I was asked, “Who is Aardvark?” Well I have been asked this many times before. The answer is no one. I haven’t mis-written the title. Aardvarks is a plural; not a someone. Were it a someone, it would be written Aardvark’s with a possessive apostrophe as in Maffi’s.

So this blog is about anteaters and also Maffi’s Boat. Anteaters do not write in my blog, only I do. Indeed I did, on two occasions, post about anteaters. Aardvark_bwThe reality of it is that alphabetically ‘Aardvark’ is first. If I am listed correctly I am at the top of the list. Many people don’t list me correctly, Yah boo! to them. So that’s that settled.

Giant_Anteater_by_A_WhittakerThanks to Alan Whittaker for this giant Anteater pic

6 comments:

Brian and Diana on NB Harnser http://nbharnser.blogspot.com said...

Top of my Blog list.

Maffi said...

Many thanks for your continued support I shall wear it always. ;~)

Area D said...

Cerebus the Aardvark

Chris Wren said...

Ah yes alphabetically! But my blog list is compiled by the name of the boat and ordered in a arbitrary manner based purely on favouritism. :-)

Now those apostrophes... Tell me, should we be Wren's Nest as it's the nest of the Wren family, or Wrens' Nest as there are two of us Wrens on board, or do as I do, just ignore it as it can't be included in my domain name!
I really must take advice from my niece Victoria who is somewhat obsessed by the apostrophe.

Maffi said...

Neither Chris. Wren Snest is the obvious way.

Now about your list. One cannot have a list based purely on favouritism there is no sense of order. Thats the trouble with you non-military types no discipline.

Area D I seem to remember that you gave me that link 5/6 years ago when I did actually write about Aardvarks.

And No Brian I am not at the top of your list you dont have one! :)

Alice said...

canada goose banff parka
canada goose chateau parka
canada goose chilliwack bomber
canada goose expedition parka
canada goose freestyle veste
canada goose heli arctic parka
canada goose kensington parka
canada goose langford parka
canada goose livigno parka
canada goose montebello parka
canada goose mystique parka
canada goose ontario parka
canada goose snow mantra
canada goose solaris parka
canada goose trillium parka
canada goose victoria parka
canada goose whistler parka
canada goose yorkville bomber
Men franklin and marshall tshirts
Women franklin and marshall tshirts