Saturday, 23 March 2013

I am stunned

STUNNING DECORATIVE CANAL BARGE WARE GYPSY ART HAND PAINTED BUCKET  (EBay listing)

ebay

It is painted with water based paint, or so it would seem from his answer to a question on-line. The bottom is full  of holes. It is not Stunning, it is not decorative, it is not Canal barge ware nor gipsy art. It is hand painted which is the only truth told about this bucket. If he told me it was blue I wouldn't believe him. And yet in the last 12 months he has had over 400 +ve feedbacks.

Seller notes:“Stunning Piece , Looks Superb”

There is nowhere on EBay to report this

The only thing stunning about this bucket would be if someone clouted you with it. Still I suppose that’s E-Bay!

3 comments:

Keith said...

Caveat emptor sums it up Maffi, and there is a clue when you see the seller's location. I think John Lennon noticed a lot of holes in Blackburn, Lancashire. This guy obviously collected a bucketful of them.
Keith

Steve said...

Maffi
You can report this seller to Ebay but its in a small link at the foot of the listings page. Failing that use their contact us page. I will do the same if you would like

Oakie said...

It's amazing what peeps will do to make a few bob - what a nerve! This is my first look at Ebay for canal ware and although there are a few good pieces, mostly it is terrible stuff.

Reckon I could do quite well with my painted ware and I am self taught, but only after a great deal of research and copying the experts.