Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Thatcher

I have sat listening to the news about Thatcher this evening. I have heard many of her famous sound bites…….

“You turn if you want to”
“The Lady’s not for turning”
”Where there is despair let there be hope”
”Rejoice! Rejoice!
etc etc

…….which today sound so totally condescending.

She was a great exponent of the saying:-

Political speak is designed to make lies sound truthful, murder respectable and to give the appearance of solidity to pure wind.

I won’t weep at her passing, but I will weep for the mothers who cried for their children that they struggled to feed when thousands of workers were tossed on to the scrap heap of life in the interests of making more money.

4 comments:

A Heron's View said...

Well said Maffi I completely agree with you.

Kevin said...

Well said indeed, see I knew you were the voice of reason, spot on yet again Maffi :)

Daniel Lewis said...

If her husband wasn't on an illegal strike, demanding ridiculous pay increase and trying to bring the country to its knees, she would be able to feed her children.

Maffi said...

Well thats your truth Daniel.