Sunday, 26 May 2013

FFS

Ok it was 6.15 and I am awakened by a speeding boat. I get up, put the kettle on. Another boat comes speeding past. I stick my head out of the side hatch and say “You could try going a bit slower.”

He say, “I am going as slow as I can. You want to try getting an engine!”

Now there are two points here. First if he can’t go slower then he is not able to follow the rules and his boat is not suitable for the canals, well not this one anyway.

Second why is it my problem? What has my engine got to do with his incompetence as a boater? Why blame me?

You don’t need to be an engineer to hear when a ordinary four pot engine is racing. And then for the owner to say it wont go any slower is merely an indication of what he thinks of you. What an arsehole!

I don’t have a problem with boating at 6 o’clock in the morning, I have done it myself, though not often. But FFS have some consideration!!! I didn’t have to be out of my pit for another hour and he stole that from me!

No comments: