When you get an email from E-bay and you reply to firstname.lastname@example.org you might be miffed if this is a non responding address. You might be more miffed to recieve an email telling you not to reply to said address.
Moreover to get E-bay to take notice you have to go to this page and follow the instructions:
If you would like to change your notification preferences, which determine what type of email you receive from eBay, please follow the steps below:
1. Click "My eBay" located at the top of all eBay pages. You may be asked to sign in.
2. Click the "Preferences" link located under the "My Account" heading.
3. Click the "Show" link to the right of "Newsletters, Promotions and Event Notifications."
4. Click the "Edit" link to the right of "Newsletters, Promotions and Event Notifications." You may be asked to sign in once more.
5. On the "Newsletters, Promotions and Event Notifications" page, check the boxes to indicate the types of messages you'd like to receive from eBay. Then, uncheck the boxes to indicate the types of messages you don't want to receive from us.
6. Once you're done, be sure to click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page.
Since when has saying ‘fuck off’ been so complicated